Adopting the IBM Continuous Engineering (CE) solution Configuration Management Capability is the title of a webinar that Kathryn Fryer and I recently presented. We’ve been working with ‘new’ configuration management capability since it was in development prior to its launch in v6.0. Adopting it takes careful consideration in order to successfully realize its benefits.
Objectives of the presentation
In version 6, the IBM CE solution added exciting new configuration management capabilities across the lifecycle, better enabling parallel development and strategic reuse. Simply enabling these capabilities won’t help you realize their potential; you must consider changes to your process and usage model to achieve results. This presentation describes current considerations, limitations and strategies for adopting configuration management.
- Configuration management overview
- Trade-offs and considerations – as of current release (6.0.2)
- Primary factors
- OSLC integrations
- QM utilities
- Additional considerations
- Enabling configuration management
- Upgrade and migration
- Adoption path and additional resources
If you are interested in this presentation, you can find the replay of the webinar here in the DOORS Enlightenment Series.
- Configuration management playlists on youtube:
- Jazz.net article 1492 links to many valuable resources including videos and blogs