Last year I announced several new guidance articles on use of our configuration management capability in Guidance on adopting IBM CLM configuration management across the lifecycle. Our workgroup continued and has several guidance articles in progress; we’ve just published the first in a series we expect to complete by end of year.
- Maintaining the Rational DOORS Next Generation type system in a configuration-management-enabled environment. Part 1: Manual procedures
- Maintaining the Rational DOORS Next Generation type system in a configuration-management-enabled environment. Part 2: Automation
- Maintaining the DNG type system in a configuration management environment (Part 3: Automation Tool Deep Dive)
- Configuration management: Best practices for collaborating with ReqIF between DNG instances
- Non-functional deployment considerations when adopting IBM CE solution for global configuration management
- Configuring Rational Team Concert to establish a global configuration context for work item links
- Configuration management: Delivering across streams in Rational Quality Manager
As the articles are published, I’ll update the list above with the proper links. All of our guidance articles can be accessed here.